BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

About Me

My photo
I am a wife, daughter, sister, aunt, god-mother, grand-daughter, cousin, niece, and a now a MOM! I am married to my best friend, and sometimes pain in the butt husband:O) We live in New Jersey, and for the most part lead very quiet lives(very different from our single lives!) I am the mothe of a beautiful boy, Raziel Lucian Quinonez. He is definately the love of my life and I am mgrateful for each moment I get to spend with him.

Saturday, December 11, 2010

The ' right way', ' their way', and your way.

Nf/nIn the months leading up to Raziel's arrival I read everything I could get my hands on. I wanted to know what was going on with this life that was being created inside of me. Now that Raziel is here, I haven't read a damn thing, and this is why.

When he was born there was the ' right way to things'. I tried these things and we were not happy! For example breast feeding!! It was the most horrible time for us. He was frustrated, I was frustrated, they spoke to me about nipple confussion(nipple what!?) Blah blah blah!! Then I did it my way, and we're the happiest duo ever!

Then came 'their way'. Examples: Maybe you should feed him more. This said person proceeded to give him more ounces then he ate, but because they were doing it in a sneaky way ; they didn't add enough formula. He shouldn't lay like that. Even though that was and is the only way he sleeps comfortably. He's spoiled! But then every time he made a sound, people would pick him up!

Then there is ' your way'. This is the best way! Almost 3 months in and Raziel is thriving! We have him on a schedule, that we came up with, and he's taking to it wonderfully. I listen to what feels right to me and to my baby. So what if I hold him to much! So what if he's a little chunky! So what if I give him formula! So freaking what!(sorry venting) The truth is there is no ' right way' with a baby. ' Their way' may not work for you. So go ahead. Do it your way, because that's the best way!

Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.5

0 comments: